Saving money for a new front door or roof? Whether you are saving up for something in particular or just trying to create good financial habits we have 5 interesting tips for around the house that will help you save money. Remember that every penny counts!
1. Keep your Fresh Flowers Longer: Add a capful of Vodka or Sprite to every vase with fresh flowers. Adding soda (for the sugar) can help the flowers last longer by increasing the acidity of the water. Vodka inhibits ethylene production and prevents wilting.
2. Cut Sponges in half: When you buy a pack of sponges cut them in half, you'll double the amount of time that your pack of sponges will provide you.
3. Cleaning the old fashioned way: A lemon cut in half can be used to clean rust, hard water stains and many other stains from hard surfaces. Vinegar and water makes for an amazing cleaner for glass and tabletop surfaces!
4. Unplug Electronics: If you're not using it keep it unplugged. About 5% of all residential energy usage is from items that aren't even in use.
5. Keep your freezer full: A full freezer runs more efficiently and uses less energy. You can fill bottles with water and freeze them if your freezer isn't full, also if you are packing a cooler you can use the frozen bottles of water to chill your food!